After Hours - on call guardian
For service providers
The OPG provides an emergency after hours on call guardian to government and non-government services - hospitals, police, residential facilities and support providers.
The on call guardian is available for:
- Represented Persons appointed in Tasmania
- Urgent substitute decisions on behalf of an existing represented person that cannot wait until the next business day
- Facilitating requests for emergency guardianship orders (outside of business hours) that cannot wait until the next business day *.
For information about urgent decisions out of hours and new emergency orders, please refer to the OPG After Hours Guide
- Weekdays: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Weekends and Public Holidays: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
Out of hours phone: (03) 6165 6767
* Note that Applications for emergency guardianship orders during business hours should be directed to the Tasmanian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (TasCAT) - protective division, guardianship stream. More information can be found in the emergency application section.